Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Dolly Parton has canceled her Las Vegas residency and says she is improving under treatment. In a new video, she called her health issues “treatable” and said recovery is ongoing, though medications have delayed her return to stage performance level.

Dolly Parton has officially canceled her Las Vegas residency and shared a direct health update with fans, saying “everything I have is treatable.”
The country legend, recently named America’s most popular public figure, had already delayed the run at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace last October after citing multiple health challenges that prevented her from completing rehearsals.
In an Instagram video posted May 4, Parton said she had “some good news and a little bad news.”
“But the good news is I’m responding really well to meds and treatments, and I’m improving every day,” she said. “Now, the bad news is it’s gonna take me a little while before I’m up to stage performance level, because some of the meds and treatments make me a little bit ‘swimmy-headed,’ as my grandma used to say.”
She added that she was sorry to miss fans who had tickets in Las Vegas, but emphasized she is in active care: “I have great doctors and I’m doing really well, and they assure me that everything I have is treatable, so I’m going with that.”
The residency was first slated for December 2025 before being pushed to December of this year.
Parton also explained what has been driving the recent health setbacks. She said she has long dealt with kidney stones, then spoke more broadly about complications over the past couple of years: “My immune system and my digestive system got all out of whack… and they’re working real hard on rebuilding and strengthening those.”
The cancellation closes out months of public concern that began after the initial postponement. At the time, Parton’s sister Freida asked fans to pray, writing that she had stayed up all night praying for Dolly. Freida later clarified that she had not meant to alarm people.
Parton then addressed the speculation herself in a video filmed on the set of a Grand Ole Opry commercial, saying, “I know lately everybody thinks that I am sicker than I am. Do I look sick to you? I’m working hard here.”
In March, she made her first major public appearance in months with a keynote at Dollywood. There, she said she had been “worn down and worn out,” including from grief after the death of her husband, Carl Dean, whom she was married to for 58 years before he died last March. She described the period as a process of rebuilding “spiritually, emotionally, and physically,” while insisting she is moving forward: “All is good. It didn’t slow me down.”